Friday, February 26, 2010

Very Bad Things Part 2



I crashed Daddys car. Actually I ROLLED it.

One minute I was on a windy road thinking "jeez, you have to be careful on these roads when it drizzles like this", then I hit a teeeeny pothole....


I was doing 45 kms and I know this because I looked at the dashboard as I prepared to enter a sharpish bend.


All of a sudden the entire front of the car lifted. I became airborne. I took my hands off the steering wheel (no point steering when you are flying), screamed NOOOOOOO and then the world turned upside down.


This car was a great big, heavy FORD...and it flew, then it flipped and slid down the hill on it's roof. It was about 15 metres but it felt like a lifetime. I also remember being more worried about the jar of olives and dads camera that fell out of the console and narrowly missed my head.


Imagine surviving initially but being killed by a random jar of olives.


It eventually stopped on the gravel (the NOISE!), and there I was hanging upside down by the seatbelt with the engine still running. Hmmm, what to do?


Turn off the ignition. Look around. Notice a car slowing down in coming the other way. Notice it begin to speed up again. BEEEEEEEEP the horn madly whilst still hanging upside down.


Unclick my seatbelt, land on my neck and a shitload of glass. Notice 500 people crowded around the car trying to prise open the mashed up doors. Crawl to the back of the car and wind the window down.....erm UP and am dragged to freedom in one piece by a man wearing a flannette shirt.

Apparently this man is my HERO because I am unable to let go of his shirt. To the ambulance (declared FINE, and ignored my pleas for valium), back to the car and whilst calling a friend to pick me up (NOT my dad)....I cannot let go of his shirt until my friend appears to take me home.

Yeah, dad was NOT happy but changed his mind pretty quickly when he saw the car in the wreckers yard. I don't think he keeps olives in the console anymore.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds terrifying! So glad that you were ok and had the flannelette hero there to save you and cling too (move over superman there's a new hero in town ;) )

Jen said...

That sounds terrifying! So glad that you were ok and had the flannelette hero there to save you and cling too (move over superman there's a new hero in town ;) )

Unknown said...

OMG, that is way out there. I bet Dad was happy, not. Do you know a woman in the US was killed by a flying 1 kilo pot of honey when she had an accident after doing the grocercies? I kid you not.

Killara girl said...

thank God you lived to tell the story...what a nightmare...there was a lady in the US also killed by a 20lb turkey some kids dropped off freeway overpass a couple of years ago. what a way to go!